This Office of Inspector General’s semiannual report summarizes our activities and accomplishments for the period April 1, 2017, through September 30, 2017. During this period, the OIG issued one final audit/evaluation report, completed one investigation, published one Management Advisory and received 302 hotline inquiries, of which 117 were charge processing issues, 82 were complaints related to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964,
as amended, and 93 were other investigative allegations.
OIG completed, newly initiated, and ongoing audit, evaluation, and investigative projects include the following:
Completed Audit/Evaluation Work
- The OIG issued a report stating that the Agency complied with the Improper Payments Information Act of 2002, as amended by the Improper Payments Elimination and Recovery Improvement Act of 2012.
Completed Investigative Activities
- The OIG completed an investigation regarding allegations of ethical violations committed by an EEOC supervisor. The OIG issued a Management Advisory regarding allegations of misconduct against an EEOC manager.
Ongoing and Newly Initiated Projects
- OIG contractor, the public accounting firm of Harper, Rains, Knight & Co., P.A. (HRK), is performing the Fiscal Year 2017 Financial Statement Audit of EEOC.
- OIG contractor, the public accounting firm of Harper, Rains, Knight & Co., P.A. (HRK), is performing the Fiscal Year 2017 Digital Accountability and Transparency Act (DATA Act) Audit.
- OIG contractor, the public accounting firm of Brown and Company, CPAs PLLC., is performing the Fiscal Year 2017 Independent Evaluation of the Agency’s Adherence to the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) of 2014.
- OIG contractor, the consulting firm of Elder Research, Inc., is performing an evaluation of EEOC’s data analytics activities.
- The OIG is currently completing its annual advisory regarding the Agency’s management control evaluation process.
- The OIG is conducting an evaluation of the EEOC’s interagency and other special agreements.
The OIG has ongoing investigations in several field office involving such matters as ethics violations, conflicts of interest, fraud, falsification of government records, impersonation of a Federal official, misuse of travel and purchase cards, misuse of government property, misuse of position, misuse of the Agency seal, Federal Employees’ Compensation Act (FECA) fraud allegations and prohibited personnel practices.