This semiannual report summarizes the OIG's activities and accomplishments for October 1, 2020, through March 31, 2021.
The OIG issued three audit and evaluation reports, one management letter, one written advisory, and one review of compliance. The OIG resolved 373 investigative inquiries.
The OIG’s completed, ongoing, and planned projects, as well as, ongoing investigations include the
During the reporting period the OIG issued the following reports:
• A written advisory to the Chair validating the Agency’s compliance with the Federal Managers’ Financial Integrity Act of 1982 (FMFIA).
• Audit reports of the EEOC charge card program for FY 2019 and 2020; and for the EEOC’s financial statements for FY 2020.
• A management letter identifying internal control deficiencies over undelivered orders.
• A performance audit report on the Federal Information Security Modernization Act of 2014 (FISMA) for FY 2020.
• On its review of the EEOC’s compliance with Executive Order 13950, “Combating Race and Sex
Ongoing Audits, Evaluations, and Other Projects
• The OIG has contracted with the public relations and communications firm Hager Sharp to evaluate the EEOC's social media program.
• The OIG is evaluating EEOC's management of private sector customer service.
• The OIG has contracted with the public accounting firm Harper, Rains, Knight & Company, P.A. (HRK) to perform the following:
o FY 2021 financial statement audit.
o FY 2021 Digital Accountability and Transparency Act of 2014 performance audit.
o FY 2021 performance audit of the Agency's compliance with the Federal Information Security Modernization Act of 2014 for FY 2021
• The OIG is reviewing the agency’s compliance with the Payment Integrity Information Act of 2019.
Planned Audit and Evaluation
• The OIG plans to conduct a performance audit of the EEOC’s enterprise risk management practices.
• The OIG plans to conduct a program evaluation of EEOC's Digital Process Transformation and Automation (DPTA) strategy and activities at EEOC.
Ongoing Investigative Activity
• An investigation into the alleged ethical violations by an EEOC office director.
• An investigation regarding an EEOC employee allegedly engaging in obtaining information on individuals through Agency information systems.
• An investigation regarding an allegation of misuse of position by an EEOC employee allegedly working outside of the EEOC without authorization.
• An investigation into ethical violations and misuse of government position, time, and
resources by an EEOC employee who is allegedly participating in personal activities.