This semiannual report summarizes the OIG's activities and accomplishments for April 1, 2021,
through September 30, 2021.
The OIG issued one memorandum, one evaluation, and one peer review report during the reporting
period and resolved 673 investigative inquiries.
The OIG’s completed and ongoing activities, as well as closed and ongoing investigations, include
Completed Audit Activity
The OIG issued a memorandum regarding EEOC’s Compliance with the Payment Integrity
Information Act for FY 2020.
Completed Evaluation Activities
The OIG issued an evaluation report regarding the EEOC’s social media program.
The OIG issued a peer review report and letter of comment on the Architect of the Capitol,
Office of Inspector General.
Ongoing Audit Activities
- The OIG contracted with the public accounting firm Harper, Rains, Knight & Company, P.A., to audit the EEOC’s FY 2021 financial statements.
- The OIG contracted with the public accounting firm Harper, Rains, Knight & Company, P.A., to audit the EEOC’s compliance with the Federal Information Security Modernization Act of 2014 for FY 2021.
- The OIG contracted with the public accounting firm Harper, Rains, Knight & Company, P.A., to audit EEOC’s compliance with the Digital Accountability and Transparency Act of 2014 (DATA Act) for FY 2021.
- The OIG plans to issue an independent report concerning the EEOC’s compliance with the Federal Managers’ Financial Integrity Act of 1982 for FY 2021
- The OIG contracted with Uplift Federal to conduct an evaluation of EEOC’s digital process transformation and automation process.
- The OIG is conducting an evaluation of EEOC’s customer service channels related to private sector charge processing.
Closed Investigative Matters
The OIG closed an allegation of a potential financial conflict of interest regarding an EEOC
- An investigation regarding alleged ethical violations by an EEOC official.
- An investigation regarding an allegation of misuse of position by an EEOC employee.
- An investigation regarding alleged misconduct and misuse of position by an EEOCdirector.